- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Immotion, ImmotionVR LTD, ImmotionVR.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA308372
- Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: Using your consent we can ensure we are only keeping information you are happy for us to hold and can respond to you in the major you find acceptable.
- We process your information in the following ways:
- Emails are processed via Mailchimp to send you news updates and offers and are only sent after GDPR complaint consent.
- Cookies are used within our website to track number of users and which content is most popular.
- Social media likes and follows are tracked and held by the platforms e.g. Facebook. (These platforms will be GDPR compliant independently.)
- Square online payment information for transaction, refund and accounting purposes.
- Booking information via our secure Checkfront website plugin. This is saves name and email for the purpose of contact and confirmation of identity on arrival.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored by the browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store things like user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a ‘memory’ for the website, so that it can recognise you when you come back and respond appropriately.
Anonymous analytics cookies:
Every time someone visits our website, software provided by another organisation generates an “anonymous analytics cookie”. These cookies can tell us whether or not you have visited the site before. Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies and, if you don’t, we generate new ones. This allows us to track how many individual users we have, and how often they visit the site.
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the Options or Preferences menu of your browser. Here are some links to help out with this process. Internet Explorer Firefox Google Safari Legal information and how to contact us Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 we have to say who the ‘data controller’ is for ImmotionVR LTD and services provided through our websites. The data controller is the organisation responsible for protecting information and, in our case, is Immotion Group, The Victoria, Media City, Manchester, M50 3SP. If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact us by email at, email@example.com. Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Manager, and will be responded to within 30 days at the latest. If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you may be able to refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator. For example, in the United Kingdom this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.